SC Department of Public Safety Behavioral Health Clinical Director in Richland County, South Carolina
THIS IS A RE-ANNOUNCEMENT : PREVIOUS APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY.
The Behavioral Health Clinical Director is responsible for the management and execution of the Department's behavioral heath program. The director will be responsible for standards across the agency.
- Performs fundamental supervisory and leadership functions in accordance with Department policies and procedures, best practices and Federal and State rules and regulations, especially with regard to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) standards. Maintains an effective organizational team and motivates diverse staff to accomplish mission critical operations and objectives. Promotes workforce engagement.
- Provides overall management for SC Medicaid's behavioral health benefit and related programs. Reviews, analyzes, maintains, communicates, and improves the policies related to the array of behavioral health services. Develops plans and proposals for management of services or service delivery. Develops an operational plan and tracks timelines to ensure timely updates to clinical policies to meet Compliance, State, Federal and accreditation requirements. Creates and maintains standard operating procedures based on the initiatives within the plan.
- Directs behavioral health policy development. Works with Subject Matter experts to identify appropriate policies. Evaluates current program policies to determine if modifications and revisions are needed. Track issues concerning behavioral health policy development and maintenance. Conduct research involving consistent evidence-based practice and criteria & authorization rules.
- Develops and maintains relevant behavioral health program oversight and evaluate outreach. Prepares reports and presents to management and external stakeholders related to processes, measures and outcomes, advising management of findings and recommendations. Leads organization toward a culture of continuous improvement.
- Represent the agency to external stakeholders including other state agencies, provider groups and professional boards as part of clinical leadership team. Participate in cross-functional teams to address key policy issues facing the organization.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
A Master's degree in Psychology or related field with 10 years of experience managing behavioral health programs, of which 2 years include delivering clinical services in a health care setting.
- Occasional overnight travel
Overtime and/or weekend work with Deputy approval Preferred Qualifications
PhD in Psychology with extensive clinical experience.
- Experience interacting with public and private health care payers.
- Experience in writing technical publications in the healthcare field.
- Ability to manage several projects efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to balance strategic and tactical priorities.
- Knowledge of managed care, specifically Medicare, Medicaid.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail. Additional Comments
Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application for qualification purposes. All applicants must apply online. All correspondence from the Office of Human Resources will be through electronic mail.
This position is located in Health Programs, Richland County.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, including, but not limited, to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: Temporary Grant - Full-Time
Job Number: 61087939
Closing: 3/8/2021 5:00 PM Eastern
Agency Specific Application Procedures: All applicants must apply online.
Class Code: UZ01
Position Number: 61087939
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)
Pay Band: Unclassified
Opening Date: 09/03/2019
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Address: 1801 Main Street, Suite 224 Columbia, South Carolina, 29201