SC Department of Public Safety Chief Psychiatrist (#012509) Kirkland Correctional Institution, Columbia (RICHLAND) Level 3 in Richland County, South Carolina
- Provides leadership to a statewide team of Psychiatrists & Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners in the delivery of mental health care.
- Coordinates Psychiatrist assignments and participates as a member of the behavioral health team.
- The Psychiatrist shall provide psychiatric medical services (acute and chronic) to inmates as necessary and supervises SCDC and contract Psychiatrists and Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners.
- The Psychiatrist shall provide inpatient and outpatient services as necessary.
- Conducts psychiatric evaluations and diagnosis on inmates referred for examination and treatment (both inpatient and outpatient) orders and interprets laboratory and other medical diagnostic procedures.
- Prescribes medication, monitors patient response, provides compensating intervention as necessary and monitors medications for side effects and suitability.
- Supervises psychiatric staff in clinical activities and is expected to be available in emergency situations for phone call instructions and on-site services as indicated.
Must attend SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
_Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:_
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina minimum requirements: (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC minimum requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited medical school, plus completion of an internship or one (1) year of residency training.
- Three (3) years of residency in Psychiatry.
- Must be license to practice medicine in the state of South Carolina.
- Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Psychiatry, or eligible for and/or in the process of receiving certification.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $280,500.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 012509
Closing: 9/29/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: UB26
Position Number: 012509
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Unclassified
Hiring Range - Min.: $280,500.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $280,500.00
Opening Date: 09/15/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: NOTE: This position is recruited through NEOGOV only; Candidates must apply online via the South Carolina Department of Corrections Career website www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/scdc to be considered as an applicant for this position. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Work Time: Monday - Friday (8:00 AM - 4:00 PM) Hours/Weekly - 37.50 Shift Schedule - 02
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210