SC Department of Public Safety Corporal (#011076) Camille Graham Correctional Institution, Columbia (RICHLAND) Level 2 in Richland County, South Carolina
*Position Extended, if you applied previously, you do not have to re-apply. *
- Under direct supervision of the Sergeant, provides direction and instruction to inmates and officers in a program of discipline, safety, security, and rehabilitation of inmates in a maximum security facility.
- Assists Sergeant II in evaluating officer performance; provides direct supervision to subordinate officers.
- Reviews incident reports written by officers.
- Instructs and counsels officers concerning duty requirements.
- Investigates inmate complaints and takes appropriate action; instructs and counsels inmates as required.
- Monitors inmate movements within the institution.
- Performs essential and marginal duties of an Officer II; performs all other related duties as assigned by the shift supervisor.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements: A high school diploma and experience in Correctional, Security, or Police work. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources.)
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- Eighteen (18) months experience in Correctional Security or Police work.
Must successfully complete Basic Certification Training at the South Carolina Department of Corrections Training Academy within six (6) months of entry into the position.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $28,635.00 - $36,984.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 011076
Closing: 1/26/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: JD35
Position Number: 011076
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Band 4
Hiring Range - Min.: $28,635.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $36,984.00
Opening Date: 12/31/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: NOTE: This position is recruited through govermentjobs.com only. You must apply online via the South Carolina Department of Corrections Career website: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/scdc to be considered as an applicant for this position. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.state.sc.us
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Hours/Weekly: 40.00 SHIFT Shift Schedule: 02 Work Time: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Shift/hours are subject to change.
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210