SC Department of Public Safety Performance Auditor in Richland County, South Carolina
S.C. Legislative Audit Council is seeking performance auditors to conduct management/performance audits of state agencies and programs in compliance with Government Auditing Standards. Interdisciplinary audit teams evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of government programs using quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Investigate state government operations and procedures to identify and make recommendations for policy and program improvements.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of agency records and interview audited entity's staff and other government officials.
- Develop methods to obtain required data.
- Assist supervisors in planning, conducting, and writing audits within established timelines.
- Prepare concise reports and explain results to state officials, legislative committees, the media, and citizens. Minimum and Additional Requirements
A master's degree, law degree, license to practice as a CPA, or a bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited institution and two years of relevant experience. An applicant with a law degree should be a member in good standing of the S.C. Bar Association. Six or more college credit hours in at least one of the following subjects -- statistics, data analysis, computer science, accounting, finance, or journalism are preferred
- Strong research, analytical, communication, and investigative skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret facts and data.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain collegial working relationships with peers, supervisors, and auditees.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with generally accepted government auditing standards relating to performance audits.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, and statistical software programs. Additional Comments
Applicants must submit a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position with a resume to the Legislative Audit Council.
E-mail: MWerts@lac.sc.gov Mail: 1331 Elmwood Ave., Ste. 315, Columbia, SC 29201 Website: LAC.SC.GOV
APPLICANTS MAY NOT APPLY ONLINE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
Salary depends upon qualifications.
Salary: $45,000.00 - $77,000.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 10302019
Class Code: UZ01
Position Number: 10302019
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)
Pay Band: Unclassified
Hiring Range - Min.: $45,000.00
Opening Date: 10/30/2019
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: Applicants must submit a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position with a resume to the Legislative Audit Council. E-mail: MWerts@lac.sc.gov Mail: 1331 Elmwood Ave., Ste. 315, Columbia, SC 29201 Website: LAC.SC.GOV APPLICANTS MAY NOT APPLY ONLINE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. Salary depends upon qualifications.
Agency: State of South Carolina Legislative Audit Council
Address: 1331 Elmwood Ave Ste. 315 Columbia, South Carolina, 29201