SC Department of Public Safety Program Coordinator I (Standards & Accreditation Unit) in Richland County, South Carolina
- Develops mandated and advanced tests in Acadis software in a timely manner.
- Operates, understands, and troubleshoots testing software. Generates, prints, and proofreads tests. Distributes test packets to appropriate personnel. Proctors and grades tests. Updates grade rosters and student files in Acadis in a timely manner. Informs appropriate Academy personnel of scores/failures in a timely manner. Maintains and organizes testing files and records.
- Coordinates advanced lesson plan submission/review processes, to include quality of content, review, formatting, and revisions. Formats lesson plans and PowerPoint presentations. Proofs materials for typographical/grammatical errors. Tracks lesson plans from submission to approval. Meets with instructors as needed to assist with lesson plan submission process. Assists with the design and development of curriculum trees for advanced training in Acadis.
- Enters test bank items and maintains updated test banks in Acadis testing software.
- Assists with testing orientations for BLE, BD, BTOT, and Limited Duty. Troubleshoots Acadis login issues with students and Acadis personnel.
- Reviews/approves departmental lesson plans and Institutional Providers.
- Assists with agency efforts to conduct job task analyses. Other duties as assigned. Minimum and Additional Requirements
Candidate must have an associate's degree and two years of relevant experience in business management, public administration, or administrative services; however, may substitute experience for a degree on a year-for-year basis.
Prefer a bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or Criminal Justice.
A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is necessary. Excellent verbal and writing skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both inside the Academy and with other agencies. Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro and Outlook and an extensive knowledge of Acadis. Requires considerable knowledge of agency practices/policies, personnel policies/procedures, and thorough, independent knowledge of instructional standards best practices. Ability to speak in public and make presentations. Could be required to stoop, bend, and squat while filing or proctoring. Must possess good manual dexterity in operation of computer equipment. Some testing may be conducted in the field and may require night and weekend work.
Salary: $32,838.00 - $60,760.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 83640
Closing: 11/18/2018 11:59 PM Eastern
Residency Requirement: No
Class Code: AH35
Position Number: 60010291
Pay Band: Band 5
Hiring Range - Min.: $32,838.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $35,000.00
Opening Date: 11/08/2018
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: The SC Criminal Justice Academy is the starting point for all SC law enforcement. We are responsible for one of the most important jobs in the state--training those who will serve the citizens of South Carolina during their time of distress, time of worry, time of hurt. We take pride in our agency. We work hard because, at the end of the day, we know that the officers we train will leave a lasting impression on an SC citizen in need of service or aid. SC should expect much from its officers, so we expect much from our employees. It takes a team of dedicated people to make sure our Academy is a premier training facility. To do this, we need reliable and conscientious workers who want to be employed by an agency that offers meaningful and challenging work with an appropriate work-life, home-life balance as well as excellent state government benefits. We are the face of law enforcement. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, including pregnancy & childbirth (or related medical conditions), age (over 40), or disability. Join us! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE THE STATE APPLICATION. All information must be completed or the application will not be accepted. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. Supplemental questions are considered part of the application and must be answered. DRUG SCREENING, FINGERPRINTING, AND CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECK ARE REQUIRED. Additionally, a medical examination may be required. The selection process may take two to four weeks and may include a panel interview.
Agency: State of South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
Address: 5400 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29212