U.S. Army Medical Command Administrative Support Assistant (Veterinary Services) NF-03 in Shaw AFB, South Carolina
Administrative Support Assistant (Veterinary Services) NF-03
Department of the Army
U.S. Army Medical Command
Public Health Command (PHC) - Shaw AFB Veterinary Treatment Facility
- ##### Open & closing dates
05/13/2019 to 06/10/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$28,000 to $32,000 per year
Salary is pro-rated based on a 40 hour workweek. Hourly range is $13.42 to $15.33.
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
Shaw AFB, SC Few vacancies
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Click on the "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT information.
Note to applicants: Please include name and contact information for two (2) professional AND two (2) personal references in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying.
Applications will be referred every Tuesday, with the first cut-off on Monday, May 13, 2019 at 11:59pm EST. *The Memorial Day Holiday will be an exception, in which the cut-off will be on Tuesday, May 28th, 2019 at 11:59pm EST.
Learn more about this agency
- Serve as the lead point of contact for the day-to-day front office operations of a veterinary clinic.
- Receives telephone calls and visitors to the clinic, determines the nature of call or visit, obtains identifying information, and verifies the patient's eligibility for treatment. and updates the existing medical record or prepare new record.
- Schedules appointments, completes the client admission forms. Updates the existing medical record or collects sufficient information to prepare new record.
- Maintains clinic exterior, reception area and exam rooms to ensure general cleanliness (to include cleaning urine, feces and blood), spot cleans as necessary.
- Screens records at check in to verify all routine procedures such as vaccinations, heartworm tests, etc. are up-to-date.
- Escorts clients from the waiting room to the examination area. Dispenses medications, annotates prescriptions and refills prescriptions in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Dispenses medications, annotates prescriptions and refills prescriptions in accordance with facility policies and procedures. Monitors and replenishes inventory.
- Prepares animal health certificates for certification by a Veterinary Medical Officer.
- Provides standard client education regarding preventive medicine, pre and post-operative care, treatment instructions, etc. Reviews discharge information or handouts with client.
- Completes bi-weekly payroll reports. Prepares and submits required end of month reports. Assists with preparation of the yearly clinical budget. Initiates personnel actions at the direction of management.
- Serves as clinic ordering official and Government Purchase Cardholder. Processes purchasing documents. At various times, orders, receives, and inventories veterinary supplies and pharmaceuticals.
- Receives payments for services rendered. Balances cash and checks daily; makes daily bank deposit. Monitors and replenishes inventory.
- #### Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A one year probationary period may be required
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Ability to work occasional Saturdays for special events
- Must be able to receive all mandated immunizations to work in a direct-patient capacity and/or veterinary environment .
- Must not have an aversion to animals, blood, bodily fluids, animal tissues, strong odors, needles, or sharp instruments.
Minimum Qualifications: - Progressive work experience which demonstrates the knowledge and skills required to perform the duties of the position. - Basic computer skills to include proficiency in Microsoft Suite or equivalent. - Experience in using a point of sales software. - Basic arithmetic expertise to balance cash draw, accept payments and provide change accurately. - Typing proficiency - 40WPM.
Highly Preferred Criteria: - Clerical experience in a Veterinary Clinic or equivalent or working in an outpatient medical facility/operations as clerical-administrative support.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES/CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT ARE OUTLINED IN PD #21889
The information provided on your resume should be clear and specific. You will be rated based solely off of the information provided within your resume. Assumptions will not be made regarding your experience and the duties performed.
This position is located at the Shaw AFB Veterinary Treatment Facility.
Salary is pro-rated based on a 40 hour work week. Hourly salary is $13.42 - $15.33. (*Note: salary ranges listed above are subject to change without notice at Fund Manager's discretion)
Work schedule to be determined after hire.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 4:00pm EST (Monday -Thursday) or 3:00pm EST (Friday) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- There will be weekly cut-off dates for this vacancy announcement beginning at 11:59pm EST on Monday, May 20, 2019 and every Monday thereafter until this announcement closes. The Memorial Day Holiday will be an exception, in which the cut-off will be at 11:59pm EST on Tuesday, May 28th, 2019. Applicants that apply after the cut-off date(s) will not be referred until 1) after the next cut-off date 2) the closing date of the vacancy announcement or 3) if a selection is made from the candidate pool of a previous cutoff - whichever comes first.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) cost is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://acpol2.army.mil/chra_dodea/NAF_applicant_info_kit.pdf).
- NOTE TO APPLICANT: Below defines theemployment category for this position:** - Flexible/Intermittent (00 guaranteed hours per week however may be scheduled to work between 0-40 hours per week based on mission needs)
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Minimum Qualifications, Conditions of Employment, Physical Requirements, Highly Preferred Criteria, and Integrity Certification.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Qualified Preference-eligible candidates (e.g. Military Spouse Preference, Involuntarily Separated Military Preference) meeting the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management first.
If an additional list is required, Non-Preference Eligible Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and meeting the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management.
Lastly, if no selection was made off of the previous lists, management may make selections for candidates meeting the minimum qualifications only.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference: - Cover Letter - DD-214 - DA Form 3433, DA Form 3434, Marriage Certificate, PCS Orders, ISMP Card for Involuntarily Separated Military Personnel, etc. - Resume - SF-50
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN). Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
APG NAF HRO GVMP/FSH
AG-NAF-W03HAA US ARMY PUBLIC HEALTH CENTER DO NOT MAIL Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005 US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533542700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.