SC Department of Public Safety Captain III (#011825) Tyger River Correctional Institution, Spartanburg (Enoree) Level 2 in Spartanburg County, South Carolina
- Schedules, directs and manages the employment and duty activities of a security shift.
- Supervises, inspects, and ensures proper perimeter and internal security and control measures are in effect and enforced.
- Prepares, submits, and monitors reports required by the chain of command and policy.
- Directs and redirects security resources for optimum security and safety.
- Ensures that institutional buildings and state property are properly secured.
- Trains, develops, instructs, evaluates, and counsels subordinates to ensure duty performance is in accordance with state laws and agency policies.
- Ensures the proper control, issue, and use of weapons, keys, security devices and agency equipment.
- Inspects all posts where shift employees are deployed.
- Interviews and counsels inmates as necessary to ensure maximum safety and security.
*This position is assigned to RHU. Shift hours are subject to change. *
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services 803-896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina minimum requirements: A high school diploma and supervisory experience in correctional security or police work. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC minimum requirements: A high school diploma and five (5) years of Correctional Security or Police work, to include one (1) year of Correctional Supervisory experience. Must be Certified by the South Carolina Department of Corrections Training Academy and successfully complete the Basic Supervisory Course within six months of entry into the position.
This position is recruited through NEOGOV only; Candidates must apply online via this website to be considered for this position.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $43,226.00 - $55,813.00 Annually
Location: Spartanburg County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 011825
Closing: 11/16/2018 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: JD50
Position Number: 011825
Pay Band: Band 6
Hiring Range - Min.: $43,226.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $55,813.00
Opening Date: 11/08/2018
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: NOTE: This position is recruited through NEOGOV only; candidates must apply online via the South Carolina State Jobs website, www.jobs.sc.gov to be considered for this position. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Normal Work Schedule (Other): HOURS/WEEKLY: 40.00 SHIFT SCHEDULE: 02 WORK TIME: 08:00 a.m. - 04:00 p.m.
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210