Adidas America Director IT Distribution - Regional DC Service Management in Spartanburg, South Carolina
Director IT Distribution - Regional DC Service Management
PURPOSE & OVERALL RELEVANCE FOR ORGANIZATION
• Support the implementation of DC Service Management and execute the defined standards as the regional DC Service Owner.
• As the regional DC Service Owner of assigned DC's execute the defined support standards and processes.
• Manage local demand and execute the DC Service Management concept for IT with all respective partners.
• Execute global DC Service Management standards for distribution centers.
• Ensure 24x7 coverage where necessary within team structure, be part of escalation on call rotation and maintain vendor support contracts and participate actively in closing support gaps within area of responsibility.
• Embrace ownership of the applications used in the Distribution Center with the responsibility to keep systems running effectively and efficiently.
• Manage the relationship with our business partners and guarantee system availability according to the SLA’s.
• Provide consistent communication on DC level and within area of responsibility.
• Provide application support using best practices according to DC Service Level agreements. Applications covered are Warehouse Management System, Warehouse Control Systems, related interfaces and local applications used to improve operations efficiency.
• Foster active cross collaboration with other IT function.
• Drive the evaluation of continuous improvements / RFC’s and implement accordingly.
• Lead the delivery of the defined best practice support model from GL&D side in close collaboration with other functions.
• As the DC Service Owner drive the quality of services according to DC Service Management set standards for Distribution Centers and guarantee IT availability to achieve service SLA's.
• The DC Service Owner is part of on call rotation for 24x7 escalation.
• Negotiate renewals of service contracts and manage authorized budgets.
• Contribute to the future IT Distribution Strategy
• Drive innovation of DC IT tools
• Contribute to the appropriate support structure in order to manage the respective organization effectively, identify and develop future talents and create realistic succession scenarios for key positions.
• Ensure appropriate technical skills are present and create a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
• Allocate the different projects/programs and work streams to the respective teams and employees considering experience, project complexity, workload and organizational efficiency.
• Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and Global Logistics & Distribution.
• Accountable for performance and objective settings of assigned team members.
• Global DC Service Owner
• DC Management team
• 2nd and 3rd level support teams on a global scale
• Global architecture and engineering team
• Global SCM & IT team’s
• Human Resources
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Required is pro-active and open communication towards the internal customer departments, external suppliers and within IT
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with different international cultures
• Ability to provide a clear framework for performance to direct reports
• Ability to coach, guide and manage a team
• Strong communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation skills (small and large groups), especially when interacting with different levels of business
• Warehouse Management Software knowledge
• Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required
• Fluent English skills (verbal and written)
• Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
REQUISITE EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor degree or equivalent working experiences preferable in Supply Chain or IT
• 10+ years work experience, ideally in an apparel/fashion supply chain management or a fast moving logistics environment
• Line Management experiences more than 3 years
• Warehouse application software experiences required - Manhattan Associates preferred
• Strong experiences managing the IT eco system in a Distribution or Manufacturing landscape (WMS and Warehouse Control Applications)
• Fluency in English (and German is a plus)
• Experiences working in a matrix organization
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete‘s mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture – the 3Cs: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don’t have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning – it helps us improve.
COLLABORATION . Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other’s abilities and talents.
Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY . No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors’ training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Director IT Distribution - Regional DC Service Management
TEAM: Supply Chain Management
Contract Type: Full time
Date: Jan 8, 2021