SC Department of Public Safety Statewide Revenue Officer Manager in Statewide, South Carolina
Who We Are The South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) helps move South Carolina forward by collecting 95% of the state's General Fund. Committed to making compliance easy for taxpayers, and valuing excellence, collaboration, and professionalism, we work to be an innovative and trustworthy partner for taxpayers, businesses, and tax professionals. With excellent benefits and opportunities for training and advancement, we are dedicated to developing, retaining, and valuing a competent, productive, and diverse workforce.
Job Function Under limited supervision, as the Statewide Revenue Officer Manager, you will effectively plan, lead and direct the administration and enforcement of SC's Laws, rules, and regulations through our statewide collection and enforcement functions with a focus on security of taxpayer data. You will lead in planning, developing, benchmarking, measuring and continuously improving the SCDOR's collections and enforcement functions.
- Provide leadership, manage, plan, coordinate and evaluate the job responsibilities of supervisors, collection coordinators, and revenue officers statewide.
- Oversee and provide vision for all revenue officers statewide including job responsibilities, procurement, budget, and expense allocation.
- Work with Collections Administrator in setting and tracking clear guidelines, measures and goals for each district and for employees and communicating those statewide to Collections personnel.
Participate in the recruiting, hiring, placement and promotion of highly qualified and diverse individuals for staffing in the district offices.
Participates in the staffing and reassignment of personnel as needed.
- Approve and manage collection issues such as payment agreements, approving electronic fund transfer agreements, coordinating with the IRS and closing attorneys to approve net proceeds distributions from consensual sales and/or the refinancing of real estate to satisfy tax liens, offers in compromise requests, collection appeals, partial lien release and subordination, taxpayer advocate projects and issues, etc.
Review, analyze and coordinate compliance with statutes, administrative procedures, internal policies, technical rulings, and security requirements.
Conduct conferences with taxpayers, attorneys, CPA's, IRS, State and local officials on issues and render decisions involving offers in compromise, revocation of licenses, abatement of penalty, and CID referrals
Monitor SCDOR/Division/District processes and initiate changes to improve operating efficiency and or effectiveness.
Analyze complex statistical and production data with the intent to improve processes, monitor production, productivity and quality of performance.
- Coordinate with Collection management their review of procedures at least annually to ensure consistency of collection processes across the state.
- Define direction and promote redesign and enhancement of SCDOR computer systems, forms and instructions, internal processes and procedures, employee training, and external taxpayer training
- Lead or participate in special projects for collection processes, procedures, training, etc. Job Location Pending space availability, the Statewide Revenue Officer Manager will have the option to choose the office to work in: Columbia, Charleston, Florence, Greenville, Myrtle Beach or Rock Hill. You will be required to work out of the Columbia Office two days per week.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
Requires the following:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field
- Six (6) years of experience in collections, customer services, accounting or systems experience; two (2) years of which must have been in a management capacity
- Examples of common business or related degrees include accounting, advertising, criminal justice, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, health care management hospitality management, human resources, information technology management, marketing, organizational leadership, public relations, taxation, etc.
- Academic degrees must be from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Position will require travel to the district offices and some overnight travel.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, communicate effectively, analyze complex systems to seek improvements and plan for the future
- Extensive technical law and/or technology knowledge
- Ability to lead both people and programs and visualize how our operations will be performed in the future Additional Comments
Background Check: SCDOR employees are required to comply with all SCDOR tax requirements and are subject to a National Criminal Background Check to include fingerprinting. EEO: It is the policy of the SCDOR to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation.
Salary: $60,344.00 - $111,646.00 Annually
Location: Statewide, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 105521
Closing: 9/24/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: AH50
Position Number: 60034071
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)
Pay Band: Band 8
Hiring Range - Min.: $60,344.00
Opening Date: 09/15/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: Apply online. Complete the application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be included but not substituted for completing the entire application.
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Revenue
Address: 300 A Outlet Pointe Blvd Columbia, South Carolina, 29214-0520