Walgreens Specialist, Asset Protection Solutions - Supply Chain in WILLIAMSTON, South Carolina
Responsible for assisting with the recommendation, development and implementation of safety and security programs, procedures, techniques, and equipment to ensure the safety and security of Distribution Center team while maintaining compliance with regulatory agencies. Prepares incident reports and reports on information contrary to the best interest of the company. Guides team of hourly Asset Protection Officers on assigned shift to ensure safety and security programs are executed.
• Assists in the development, implementation and execution of effective, sustainable safety and security programs per regulatory requirements and Company policies. Implements and leads injury/illness prevention and safety awareness strategy.
• Conducts, monitors, and utilizes occupational health and safety compliance assessments to recommend and implement process/program improvements.
• Conducts individual and group training sessions to educate Distribution Center employees in regards to company policies and procedures specifically related to occupational safety and health, and building security.
• Identifies and communicates safety and security policies and process change requirements that address exposure to risk and compliance with regulatory standards. Facilitates proactive, effective and consistent safety and security programs. Conducts safety and security audits within the Distribution Centers and reports audit discrepancies.
• Supports the Distribution Center Operations team in the accident investigation process. Provides incident and investigative reports which reflect sufficiency. Conducts root cause analysis of incidents to include near misses. Actively participates in all Accident Review Committee and Safety Management Action Team meetings.
• Provides knowledge and understanding of Distribution Center and Transportation safety and security operations to help achieve Asset Protection Solutions goals and objectives. Develops a comprehensive knowledge of Company, Distribution Center, and Asset Protection Solutions policies and procedures.
• Prepares comprehensive, timely, and detailed incident reports on all inquiries regarding potential and/or actual profit loss, physical security, and safety matters.
• Identifies and reports any information, which appears to be contrary to the best interest of the Company, Distribution Center, and Asset Protection even though such information may not be directly related to asset protection matters.
• Assists in investigations on all issues identified as a policy or procedure violation or identified as causing potential or actual company profit loss at the direction of the Asset Protection leaders.
• Maintains an awareness of developments in the safety and security industry that relate to role responsibilities and functions, integrates them into own practices.
• Assists in the management and development of the Distribution Center Asset Protection Officer team to ensure training on and adherence to policy and procedures as set forth by the Company, Distribution Center, and Asset Protection Solutions department. Reviews incident reports submitted by Asset Protection Offices to ensure they meet department standards.
• Operates and monitors proper operation of asset protection systems and facility equipment to protect company assets. Develops tracking and trending methods for physical security systems, communicates system concerns with appropriate Company teams to be addressed.
• Maintains a professional image at all times consistent to Company, Distribution Center and Asset Protection Solutions standards.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omni-channel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
Job ID: 450040BR
Title: Specialist, Asset Protection Solutions - Supply Chain
Company Indicator: Walgreens
Job Function: Loss Prevention
Full Store Address: 101 ALLIANCE PKWY,WILLIAMSTON,SC 29697
Full District Office Address: 101 ALLIANCE PKWY,WILLIAMSTON,SC,29697-09103-00018-W
External Basic Qualifications:
High School diploma/GED and at least 1 year of experience working in a Distribution Center or other General Warehouse environment
Knowledge of Distribution Center and Transportation operations.
Experience in conducting safety assessments.
Experience in providing employee training in the area of safety and security principles.
Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
• Bachelor’s Degree in security, occupational health and safety, or related discipline.
• Experience in an industrial environment in safety.
• Completed OSHA 30 hour General Industry Training.
• CPR/First Aid/AED Certification.
• Experience supervising others (including training, assigning work, motivating, and guiding people as they work)
• Experience working with and maintaining security systems (For example: CCTV, Access Control, Intrusion and Fire alarm systems)